Given the new trading arrangements between the UK and the European Union that came into effect on 1st January 2021, we would ask all ESB’s GB based suppliers to ensure that each invoice relating to materials or equipment shipped from GB to ESB contains the following information:-
1. The name of the Exporter/Importer of the product, including their respective Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) Numbers. For information ESB’s EORI no. is IE8F52100V (and EORI no’s for ESB’s subsidiary companies are available on request from your usual Procurement contacts).
2. The VAT number of the Exporter/Importer
3. The Country Of Origin of the product being shipped – see required declaration below:
“The exporter of the products covered by this document [Insert your GB EORI NO] declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of UK preferential origin”.
4. The Taric Commodity Code of the product concerned. (Tariff Code)
5. The agreed Incoterm 2020 that forms part of the sale, and
6. A description of the goods, values, weights, number and type of packages being shipped.
Adherence to these requirements will greatly facilitate the customs clearance process both at the point of export / point of import and avoid any unnecessary delays.
Further advice if required can be obtained by making contact with your nominated shipping carrier or ESB’s nominated carrier (see details below) if the goods are supplied on an Ex Works or FCA basis.
37 Rosemount Business Park,
Dublin 11, D11 Y299
Phone: (01) 640 5000