Community, STEM and the Arts
At ESB, we are committed, through our corporate social responsibility (CSR) programmes and sponsorship, to investing in individuals and communities right across the country.
Our position as Ireland’s foremost energy company makes us a vital part in building a brighter, more sustainable future. This is why we invest significantly in people and communities; we want to help them reach their full potential. By investing in the future, we are supporting our company commitment to ensuring ‘Brighter Possibilities’ for all.
ESB fulfils its CSR Commitments by;
- Helping communities to advance their skills and knowledge through education, and to enjoy positive mental health.
- Supporting young people and adults to engage with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) so that they can become the entrepreneurs and researchers of the future.
- Supporting individuals and communities to participate and develop a vibrant arts culture which supports creativity and fosters innovation.
- Protecting and preserving our heritage and environment for future generations to enjoy.
Our CSR Activities and Contributions to date;
- We have invested €10 million to support community groups around Ireland through the Energy for Generations Fund.
- Through the Wind Farm Community Fund, ESB encourages stronger interaction and engagement with communities living in the vicinity of our wind farms.
- Our partnership with Engineers Ireland and our Generation Tomorrow partners helps promote technology and engineering.
- ESB supports the arts and heritage through No. 29 (Georgian House Museum) and ESB Feis Ceoil.
- ESB supports the alleviation of fuel poverty and makes an annual contribution to the staff social justice and development fund, ElectricAid.
- In 2000, ESB was a founder member of Business in the Community Ireland (BITCI), Ireland’s only dedicated network for responsible business. ESB was also one of the first companies in Ireland to achieve the BITCI Business Working Responsibly Mark in 2011.